We know that all bosses are different, but the vast majority never want to hear certain things from their employees.
The folks over at Monster recently talked to a group of managers to put together a list of phrases that bosses just don’t want to hear … ever. Here’s the list:
- “I need a raise.”
- “That just isn’t possible.”
- “I can’t stand working with (Tim or Carla or Ronnie or any other co-worker)”
- “I partied too hard last night — I’m so hung over.”
- “But I emailed you about that last week.”
- “It’s not my fault.”
- “I don’t know.”
- “But we’ve always done it this way.”
- “Let me set you up with (Tim or Carla or Ronnie or any other human).”
For tips on what to say instead, check out the original story Monster posted here.
Readers, what do you think of this list? Do you agree? Can you think of others? Let us know in the Comments section.