After complying with all the necessary federal laws and regs, businesses still have to worry about what individual states say they can and can’t do.
And you’d probably be surprised by what you can get in trouble for in some states.
Here are 1o of the most unusual state laws that are still on the books — courtesy of DivineCaroline:
- Arkansas: It’s illegal to mispronounce the name of the state of Arkansas.
- Georgia: It’s illegal to change the clothes on a storefront mannequin unless you draw the shades first.
- Kansas: It’s illegal for throw knives at men wearing striped suits (in Natoma, KS).
- Oklahoma: You cannot take a bite out of another person’s hamburger.
- South Dakota: It’s illegal to lie down and fall asleep in a cheese factory.
- Wisconsin: Unless a customer directly asks for it, margarine may not be substituted for butter in a restaurant.
- Wyoming: You may not take a picture of a rabbit from January to April — unless you have an official permit.
You can view the complete list here.