Get ready to open your wallet like you used to when it comes to 2022 healthcare costs.
You’re staring down the prospect of a 5.2% hike next year. And that’s after companies factor in their cost management initiatives!
So finds a new survey by Willis Towers Watson.
Despite this return to pre-pandemic levels of hikes, 86% of your peers remain committed to keeping healthcare affordable for employees, especially their lowest wage earners.
Beating back 2022 healthcare costs
So how will they do it? They’ll tackle it on a variety of fronts: affordability, benefit design and network management.
Here’s what at least one in four companies is doing to contain costs — how does it compare to your strategy for 2022 healthcare costs?
- telebehavioral health services (89%)
- on-site/worksite health promotion activities (55%)
- centers of excellence within their health plans (48%)
- access to concierge services with integrated care management programs (31%)
- a narrow network of higher-quality and/or lower-cost providers (30%), and
- spousal surcharges when the working spouse has access to other coverage (25%).