Managers are used to evaluating the performance of their staffers — it’s part of the job description. But how would they rate their own managerial success?
It’s much more difficult to quantifiably measure your success as a leader.
But honestly answering the following questions can give you a ballpark idea of where your managerial skills are at:
- Do your employees do exceptional work?
- Have you ever helped your underperforming employees improve (If so, in what ways)?
- Have any of your employees been promoted? How many?
- Do your staffers feel comfortable making decisions on their own?
- (If applicable) Has anyone on your staff ever won any industry awards?
How do you rate a manager’s performance? Let us know in the Comments section.