It just may be if it made LendEDU’s new list of U.S. Banks with the Most CFPB Complaints in 2018.
This is the third year the company has compiled this list from the CFPB’s complaint database.
And while it might not have you transferring all your company’s accounts tomorrow, finding your financial institution on this list may just have you watching more closely to make sure you’re getting the products and services — and service — you deserve.
Without further ado, here’s the list based on complaints lodged last year per billions in deposits.
Where you don’t want to see your bank
These institutions could use some extra customer service training in the new year:
- TCF Financial Corp. (TCF National Bank)
- Citizens Financial Group
- Fifth Third Bancorp
- SunTrust Banks, Inc.
- Comerica, Inc.
- S. Bancorp
- Citigroup, Inc.
- Wells Fargo & Co
- Bank of America Corp
- PNC Financial Services Group, Inc.
You’ll be happy if your bank lands here
LendEDU compiled another list – one you’ll be happy to find your financial institution on. It tracks banks that had zero complaints from Jan. 1, 2018-Dec. 19, 2018. Did any of your banking partners end up here?
- SVB Financial Group (Silicon Valley Bank)
- Wintrust Financial Corp
- Hancock Whitney Corp (Whitney Bank)
- Columbia Banking System Inc (Columbia Bank & Columbia State Bank)
- FCB Financial Holdings Inc (Florida Community Bank)
- CenterState Bank Corp
- Ameris Bancorp (Ameris Bank)
- CVB Financial Corp (Citizens Business Bank)
- Banner Corp (Banner Bank)
- First Merchants Corp (First Merchants Bank & Commerce National Bank)
The good news here? You don’t have to deal with a specific category of bank to enjoy hassle-free banking. Everything from large financial institutions to community banks made the “nice list” last year.
You never know — maybe your bank will be responsive enough to make you want to stick with them for 98 years.