You’d think these were things that wouldn’t have to be spelled out in a don’t-do list.
Everybody makes a dumb mistake now and then.
But if anyone on your IT staff is making any of these, you could be in for some expensive headaches … or worse.
It would seem like Techie 101, but one seasoned Information Technology pro recently revealed to Tech Republic the biggest mistakes he ever made on the job.
Take a gander at five of them:
- Deleting a top exec’s files without a backup.
- Going along with a company that refuses to embrace best practices.
- Creating documentation that no one else could understand.
- Taking backups for granted.
- Failing to take advantage of free training opportunities.
Now cross your fingers these don’t happen in your organization.