’Tis the season for giving. But the gifts on this list will make you want to give … them right back!
No one wants to be ungrateful. But certain gifts have people wondering just what that person was thinking when he or she made that selection.
We’ve scoured the Web for examples of the Hall of Shame for holiday gift giving. See if anything you’ve ever received tops this:
- a single packet of cherry Kool-Aid
- duct tape
- 1 out of a five pack of VHS tapes
- an almost-empty box of tea bags (3 left in a box of 12), all expired
- a sample pack of maxi pads
- a miniature screwdriver to repair eyeglasses (to someone who doesn’t wear glasses!)
- a rock from someone’s backyard
- a case of pork and beans
- men’s bow-tie g-string
- Chia Pet donkey
- long-handled toenail clipper
- a frozen pizza (from a boyfriend of a year and a half!)
- an empty shoe box
- a spa gift certificate … for a spa 2,000 miles away!
- a giant bottle of Listerine
- the book 365 Ways to Cook Chicken – for a vegetarian
- a single hair extension
- the volume “P” of an animal encyclopedia
- 50 cents in pennies, wrapped in a plastic sandwich bag
- a bag of clothespins
- a box of hair dye
- a light bulb
- half a pack of tube socks
- a single stick of gum
- a shaving kilt (this is not a typo – it’s a kilt you wear when you shave), and
- a jumbo-sized poster of a baby seal.
Gotten (or heard of) a gift that belongs on this list? Share it here.