Each year, employers are asked to shoulder significant healthcare increases — and many of them don’t feel they’re getting their money’s worth.
According to a recent PricewaterhouseCoopers study, 59% of large employers are satisfied with the service and overall results of their healthcare plan. That’s a 5% decrease from 2009, when 64% reported being satisfied with their plan.
The satisfaction rate among small companies remained steady this year; however, small firms are still less satisfied than large organization when it comes to their insurers.
Here’s what employers would like to see more of from their healthcare providers:
- more meaningful, higher quality data to help control costs, keep employees healthy, etc.
- a more active role by insurers in waste reduction
- consistency and transparency with health benefit plans, and
- personal technology tools.
Another key finding in the study: 60% of employers plan to increase cost-sharing of heath plans with their employees.
For the complete PricewaterhouseCoopers study, click here.