The notion of working from the comforts of home in sweats or pajamas is so appealing — some staffers are willing to accept smaller paychecks to make it happen.
At least that’s what a recent survey by Citrix Online discovered.
According to Citrix, one in five (21%) employees would take a 5% pay cut if they were able to work from home one to two days per week.
The study also broke down the reasons why organizations are hesitant to let employees work from home:
- Need people on-site (38%)
- Hampers relationships (19%)
- Drop in productivity (15%)
- Compliance with regulations (9%), and
- Technology too expensive (9%).
Another benefit of telecommuting: It’s a great way to lure in new hires.