It’s AM talk radio meets blogging: BlogTalkRadio’s been around two years, and businesses are finding out how useful it can be.
The BlogTalkRadio (BTR) site boasts 3.2 million listeners tuning in each month to listen to amateur broadcasters and their guests. Listeners can even call in and participate.
Recently businesses have started realizing the marketing and money-making potential of such a service. They’re licensing BTR’s technology to broadcast to employees, customers, potential customers and anyone else who needs to be in the know.
The companies who choose to use the service are charged about $7,500 a month and get a branded Internet radio station. BTR takes care of the technology and there aren’t any programs to download or special hardware to buy. All you need is a phone and a computer.
The shows are streamed live on the company’s Web site and BTR’s site at the same time. After the show’s over, it’s automatically turned into a Podcast and RSS feed which is available on Google reader, iTunes, etc.
Some uses for BTR:
- create original, interactive content about your company, products and services
- have a meeting space for employees to discuss problems, issues and get training
- have a two-way dialogue with customers
- increase your site’s advertising revenue — you get 50% of the revenue if you nab the advertiser and 35% if BTR does
- broadcast events live
- drive traffic to your Web site, and
- launch viral marketing.
They’re also planning to add video streaming in the near future. For more info on their business solutions click here.