Falling refrigerators, deer bites and over-eating … some employees certainly get very creative when it comes to why they can’t make it into work.
Here is CareerBuilder’s list of the most unusual employee excuses for calling in sick:
- A worker’s 12-year-old daughter stole his car, and he had no other way to get to work. Oh, and he didn’t want to report it to the police.
- An employee said bats got in her hair.
- A worker said a refrigerator fell on him.
- An employee said he was in line at a coffee shop when a truck carrying flour back up and dumped the flour into her convertible.
- A worker said a deer bit him.
- An employee had too much to eat at a party.
- A worker fell out of bed … and broke his nose.
- An employee got a cold from a puppy.
- A worker’s child stuck a mint up his nose and had to go to the emergency room to remove it.
- An employee threw out his back chasing a beaver.
Got any of your own? Share them in our Comments section.