Keeping an updated resume or CV on hand is a good idea for a lot more than just job-hunting.
Here are five other reason why it makes sense to revisit your resume and keep it up to date:
1. Tracking your accomplishments through the year and using it for your performance review.
2. Applying for a promotion within your company.
3. Motivating yourself – to see what you’ve accomplished throughout your career.
4. Applying to teach or lead a workshop at a conference, seminar, adult education program, etc.
5. To post online (LinkedIn, Facebook, etc.) so your profile is up to date.
The simpler the look, the better
You know HR pros and hiring managers scan resumes quickly. That’s after they’ve weeded out resumes with typos!
So make it easy for anyone who wants to review yours can do so easily.
There are three fonts that are the easiest on the eyes for most folks. They are:
- Times New Roman
- Arial, and
You’re also better off going with point size of 11 or 12. Never use a point size smaller than 11, even for bullet point lines in a resume.