You work hard all year for your company. Why not do a few things just for you while you take some time off over the holidays? You deserve it!
Spending time with family, relaxing and overdoing it on cookies: Even if it’s only for one or two days, a holiday break should get you rested and ready to take charge of the new year.
Here are five things you owe it to yourself to do over your break – no matter how long or short it may be, according to Inc.com:
- Unplug for a day. It can be tempting to check your email or answer a business call while you’re off-duty. Take at least one day to go device-free: Enjoy time with family, go to a community event or just relax.
- Don’t make resolutions. Instead, make goals. Resolutions are often about doing things you don’t usually like doing. Goals are more aspirational, and you won’t feel as bad if you trip up along the way.
- Revel in your victories. No matter how tough your year might have been, you owe it to yourself to create a “highlight” reel of your best moments in 2013. Make a list of your five proudest achievements and then give yourself a pat on the back … or a celebratory drink.
- Learn from your mistakes. Even if you had a banner year, there’s always room for improvement. Take a little time to reflect on how you were able to learn from your mistakes this year and what can be done next year to make things better.
- Say thank you. No man or woman is an island. This is the perfect time of year to thank those around you who have helped you over the past year, whether they did so out of the kindness of their hearts or because it was their job. It’ll make them feel good, and you’ll feel good doing it, too.