Add reducing workers’ health problems to the list of reasons to consider having a financial planner for employees as part of the services your retirement provider offers.
The First Command Financial Behaviors Index looked at middle-class military families that experienced a mental or physical health problem because of the economy during the past year.
It compared the health problems of those who had a planner vs. those who didn’t and found:
- Just 18% of those with a financial planner had difficulty falling asleep vs. 28% without a planner
- 15%with a planner had difficulty staying asleep vs. 26% without
- 14% with a planner experienced muscle tension vs. 28% without
- 15% with a planner experienced an increase in stress vs. 26% without
- 14% with a planner experienced changes in weight vs. 27% without, and
- 10% with a planner felt greater irritability vs. 10% without.