It’s the most wonderful time of the year? Not if you look at these numbers.
A new study of 2,000 Americans revealed – not surprisingly – that the time from Thanksgiving to New Years to be the most stressful time. Plus it’s already a high-stress time for your team. And some definitely handle it better than others.
Which is why a little levity is in order.
Finance is a by-the-numbers business, so we bet your staffers would appreciate this breakdown of how this final month of the year is spent.
First, the prep
That turkey isn’t going to cook itself! See how your team members’ holiday prep work compared to these numbers:
- Shopping: 13 hours and 10 minutes
- Cooking: 9 hours and 17 minutes
- Planning: 8 hours and 56 minutes
- Decorating: 6 hours and 56 minutes
Then, the celebrating
After that we’re in the thick of it: the visiting, the gift-giving … more food! Once you’re finished celebrating with your team, they’re off to spend time with family and friends.
How your staffers’ holiday experiences compare to these “benchmarks”:
- 7 conversations reminiscing with family members
- 6 times eating too much
- 4 bad nights’ sleep
- 4 naps
- 3 awkward jokes from family members
- 3 crying/screaming children
- 3 questions about your love life from family members
- 3 bad gifts you pretend to like, and
- 3 awkward jokes from family members.
And once everyone in your department is back, it’s time to re-energize and perhaps even set some New Year’s resolutions as individuals and a team.