With scores of candidates vying for a limited number of jobs last year, employers asked some unique — and downright strange — questions to thin out the herd.
Here are five of the strangest, courtesy of Glassdoor.com:
- Capital One: “Rate yourself on a scale of 1 to 10 (in terms of) how weird you are.”
- Eze Castle: “You are in a dark room with no light. You need matching socks for your interview and you have 19 gray socks and 25 black socks. What are the chances you will get a matching pair?”
- IBM: “How do you weigh an elephant without using a weigh machine?”
- New York Life: “Why do you think only a small percentage of the population makes over $150K?”
- Volkswagen: “What would you do if you just inherited a pizzeria from your uncle?”
- US Bank: “How are M&M’s made?”
To view the complete list, as well as respondents’ answers and additional questions, click.
Readers, what is the strangest question you’ve ever been asked in a job interview? Share it with us in the Comments section.