This year, employers plan on rolling out a host of benefits in an effort to attract and retain top talent. Interestingly, very few of those perks involve money.
That’s according to a recent survey by Accountemps.
For the survey, the specialized temporary staffing agency asked more than 1,400 CFOs the following question: “What perks, if any, is your company offering or planning to offer in 2011 in an effort to attract and retain employees?”
The most popular benefits involved employees’ career development and work/life balance.
Here’s a breakdown of how finance chiefs responded:
- Subsidized training/education (29%)
- Flexible work hours or telecommuting (24%)
- Mentoring programs (24%)
- Matching gift programs (13%)
- Free or subsidized lunch or snacks (11%)
- On-site perks such as childcare, dry cleaning, fitness center, cafeteria (11%)
- Subsidized transportation (10%)
- Subsidized gym membership (9%)
- Sabbaticals (8%), and
- Housing or relocation assistance (7%).
Readers, what type of non-monetary benefits does your company offer? Let us know in the Comments section.