It’s one thing to have a standard March Madness pool in the office; it’s something else altogether to bet on some of these things.
When the folks over at CareerBuilder tracked how many employees have participated in a March Madness pool at work, they uncovered another interesting finding: Workers will bet on just about anything.
Here are seven of the strangest office pools employees reported participating in:
- The number of words a soft-spoken manager would utter in a meeting (Hint: It’s over 10 but not by much)
- How long a person could keep binder clips attached to his body
- What time during the day a co-worker would fall asleep at her desk (We’ve all taken part in this one, right?)
- The number of people who would call in sick the day a new video game came out
- The blood-alcohol levels of drunk patients
- Who could grow the best mustache, and
- The measurement in inches around a pregnant co-worker’s belly.
In case anyone’s actually interested in the basketball numbers, one in five workers said they participated in March Madness pools at work.
Taken part in any unusual office pools? Let us know in the Comments section.