In today’s corporate world, businesses often have to provide painfully detailed warnings about their products and services to ensure that they don’t end up on the wrong end of a lawsuit.
While it’s clearly better to err on the side of being cautious, some of these warnings seem silly, stupid or redundant.
Here are six of our favorite examples — courtesy of bored.com:
- Mattress: Do not attempt to swallow.
- Hotel-provided shower cap: Fits one head.
- Cardboard windshield sun shade: Do not drive vehicle with sun shade in place.
- Portable stroller: Remove infant before folding stroller for storage.
- Railroad station sign: Beware! To touch these wires is instant death. Anyone found doing so will be prosecuted.
- Electric thermometer: Do not use orally after using rectally.
Are we missing any? Share your examples in the Comments section.