It’s been a busy year at CFODailyNews. Here’s a look at the ten stories that attracted the most eyeballs in 2015.
1. 5 qualities every internal auditor needs – does yours have them?
It’s a mission-critical function in every company: the internal auditor. And whether you have a dedicated position or tap general finance staffers to do the review, you want to make sure you have the right person for the job. Read more
2. 21 best Excel shortcuts — all in one place
Why not make it as easy on yourself as possible? Here’s a collection of the best Excel shortcuts – bet you don’t know them all. Read more
3. Workers gone wild: 7 outrageous cases of employee fraud
For some rogue staffers, lifting office supplies or seeking reimbursement on a few minor “non-business related” charges is mere child’s play. Read more
4. The 25 worst passwords: Could any of your finance staffers be using these?
Yes, “123456” still made the list. But there are several new entries on the list of the year’s worst passwords. And if any finance systems are “protected” by them, you could be in trouble. Read more
5. Should you ban these 10 words from your Finance department?
You hear them all the time – maybe you even use them now and then. But should these 10 words receive a time-out? Read more
6. 7 trickiest health savings account questions answered
Have questions about health savings accounts? IRS just gave answers to 42 of them. Is yours on the list? Read more
7. 5 tough-to-spot signs that invoice is a fake
Gone are the days of generic-looking, can’t tell-if-its-a-bill-or-a-marketing ploy invoices. Fraudsters have upped their game, with an assist from technology. Read more
8. They did what in the office? The strangest non-work activities done on the clock
We’re only human – everyone gets distracted now and then at the office. But what happens when folks take their focus too far off the job? Read more
9. The 5 biggest mistakes made in Accounting and Finance today
You can’t blame these on the computer! The mistakes on this list are strictly human error. Read more
10. CFOs’ top 4 challenges for Finance: Are they yours?
“Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory,” said General George Patton. Looks like your peers are planning on being very exhilarated in the coming months. Read more