The majority of workers may be too concerned about work to enjoy the holidays this year.
According to a recent StressPulse study by ComPsych Corporation, more employees reported high levels of stress than they did in 2009.
The study found that:
- 68% of employees have high levels of stress, with extreme fatigue/feeling out of control
- 27% of employees have constant but manageable stress levels, and
- 5% have low stress levels.
So what’s causing these high stress levels? The top reasons employees cited:
- Workload (35%)
- People issues (33%)
- A lack of job security (20%), and
- Juggling work and personal life (12%).
The study also discovered that stress is affecting employees’ daily productivity, as well as their attendance. In fact, because of stress, 44% of workers reported losing one hour or more per day of productivity, and 51% said they miss one to two days of work per year.
Readers, what does your company do to help alleviate employees’ stress? Share it with us in the Comments section.